Sunday 14 April 2019

Wedding Card

I was asked by a friend to make a wedding card and was given a colour scheme of green/pink.  The card was needed for Saturday so it had to be a quick make!

8 x 8 card blank
2 sheets 12 x 12 card (for box)
A4 green glitter card
A4 pink pearl card
Dawn Bibby Leafy Wreath Die Set
Tonic Floral Favour Octagon Layering Set
Heart Die Set (not sure of brand its no longer in packaging)
Small Layer Heart (might be spellbinders but not sure)
Bundled Sage Oxide Inks
Laser Printer
Heat Foil
Gems from my Stash
Ribbon

I cut out the lace edge layer in Green Card, the ribbon edge in white card, the smaller lace edge in pink, then the last shape in white.  I cut the Leafy Wreath in White and inked with Bundled Sage Oxide Distress Ink.

I layered everything up, then die cut the heart in white and layered it onto pink, then fussy cut out the middle.

Printed the wording on laser printer (including the name section), then foiled both in my "Foil It" machine.  I cut the wedding information out of a simple heart shape die, then used a smaller one for the names.    I then matted the ornate heart on top of the wedding wording, making sure you could read it all.  I used foam pads and mounted this onto the Leafy Wreath.  Felt it was still missing something, so I cut out the flowers that came with the wreath die and added them around the wreath.

Finally I cut the names out with a small shaped heart, and also cut the same size in Green Glitter card.  I used a smaller plain heart the cut out the middle and layered it over the words and added it to the bottom of the card.  I added some gems to the middle of the flowers and 2 pink hearts onto the names within the heart.  I made a simple white bow and added it to the top left hand corner.  I didn't like the white space around the edge of the 8 x 8 card, so I cut it off and made an Octagon shaped card.





1 comment:

  1. We stumbled over here from a different web address and thought I might as well check things out. I like what I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to finding out about your web page repeatedly.
    Temecula Photobooth

    ReplyDelete