Tuesday 2 April 2019

Stamps By Me Floral Mount Stamps

Hi

I bought the collection of Floral Mount Stamps and Dies from Toni Darroch.  Haven't really had much of a chance to play with them.  Here is my first card.  Shortly after I finished this, I was asked to make a "Thank You" Card for a care home.  The persons relative lived for the past 5 years, before sadly passing away.

Products Used:

8 x 8 white card blank
Black Card
Gold Glitter Card
Toni Darroch - Artistic Mounts Collection2 - Floral Frame 1 Art Deco and Dies
Toni Darroch - Sentiment Stamp
Bottle of Dreamees Green and Purple Ink
Wow Bonding Powder
Sticky Pads


I cut out 2 black, 2 white and 2 glitter gold mats, and mounted them onto the card in order, leaving the last white one separate.  I stamped out the large floral dies twice, then the small flower twice, then the middle flower once. I also stamped out the group of 3 larger leaves 3 times. I used copic pens to colour the flowers and leaves.  I then cut out the largest flower from my second image and decoupaged it on top of the other image.  I stamped out the frame on scrap card.  U used the largest die and the next size down to cut the stamped image out to make a frame.  I stamped the sentiment onto the last white mat and foiled it using bonding powder.   I die cut a mat using the largest die and covered over the stamped sentiment.  Using the bottle of green and purple inks, and paint brush and some water, I made splashes/droplets of ink over the mat.  I attached this mat onto the card, the mounted the frame using sticky pads.  Once the frame was in place, I arranged the flowers onto the card, and added the extra flowers and leaves where I thought they looked best!  I got an inky finger print on the edge of the card, so had to add a little bow to cover it up!  This card was given to my Mother-in-law of Mother's Day.  The second card was made in the same way but using different colours.  It's amazing how it looks so different.  Wasn't going to put a bow on the second one, but my sister-in-law wanted it.




No comments:

Post a Comment