Monday 15 July 2019




Good Morning everyone,

How quickly are the weeks flying past.  My DT Blog for today is using the following stamp sets:-

A6 Flying Unicorn
A6 Season Text Background

I started by using a 6x6 blank card.  I cut a out a 5.75 square mat out of floral backing paper and attached it to card.  I stamped the Seasons Text Background and the Flying Unicorn onto a piece of white card and embossed it using sparkle embossing powder.  Using a guillotine I cut the background into small squares and matted them onto slightly larger pink squares, then attached them evenly to the card.  I used the same pink card to cut out a frame using some dies from my stash.  Using the larger of the 2 dies, I also cut out a piece of acetate and adhered it to the wrong side of the frame using red liner tape.  I also used this die to cut out a piece of contrasting paper to add to the back of the shaker.  To make the shaker piece, I used Pinflair Gel all the way round the frame, then added some sparkles to the centre of the frame, making sure they didn't stick to the gel.  I added the backing piece on top of the pinflair gel and left it to dry.  While the shaker was drying, I coloured the unicorn and also stamped some of the little flowers that come with the stamp set.  Once the shaker was dry, I attached the unicorn and its horn to the front of the shaker then glued it to the card. To finish off I stamped and embossed a  "Happy Birthday" sentiment, layered it onto pink card and attached to the card.  Hopefully you can see the shaker part a little better in this photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment