Tuesday 24 September 2013

Monday Greetings Challenge

Challenge - Monday, 23rd September, "Happy Fall Y'All"

So, this challenge intrigued me.  As I live in Scotland, we don't really celebrate fall or make a big thing of it.  We certainly have Harvest Services in Church, but its definitely not something that there is a big fuss made about.

Anyway, because we don't celebrate fall, I didn't have very much in my stash that I could use for this.  I have a "leaf" embossing folder, so that's where my inspiration started.  I embossed the template onto black card.  Once embossed I used gilding wax to colour the leaves brown, red and green.  I used gold gilding wax to fill in the areas in between.  Once complete, I quite liked the end result.  I matted this onto really dark red/brown card, along with a bronze matt and this helped to lift the gilding wax out.

I downloaded a digi leaf and cut them out in different sizes then coloured them.  I ruffled a piece of binding tape along the card and put a bow on it.  I then cascaded the leaves all the way down the side in different sizes.  I used my graphics package to make up a circular "Happy Fall Y'all" greeting, Here is the end result.  I was quite pleased with it.

Just seen some fabulous news of "The OUTLAWZ" page.  I have won my first site wide card challenge, for this entry.




No comments:

Post a Comment