Sunday 22 September 2013

Challenge - Paper a la Mode - 21-27 Sept 2013 - Use Something Old

Well, here goes with another Challenge.  Anything to lift the boredom of unemployment.  The Challenge for this week is:-

This week Our Theme is 
USE SOMETHING OLD THAT YOU HAVE NEVER USED BEFORE.
and please tell us what the item is.


So, initially I struggled a bit with this, as anything I have bought, but never used, still seemed to me to be new.  However, from what I can see, I think the challenge is something you haven't used before, or you haven't used it in a long time ago. 

I used a spare bit of brown card and a piece of white card to make my layers.  The white card was embossed using a "word embossing folder", then I aged if with gilding wax.  My take on this challenge has also involved using some "New" stamps that were purchased about 10 years ago but have never been used.  I also used some pages out of an old book.  I used a butterfly die and cut it out of an old aluminium can.  It was coloured with Spectrum Noir Pens, then I used embossing powder on it, then finished it off with wire feelers.  I used a Marianne Flower die, (which I bought, then wasn't sure how to use) to cut out 2 sizes of flowers from the book page.  I used, yellow, green and brown distressing inks to colour the flowers.  Finished the flowers off using a little leave die and some old scraps of shiny paper.   I also used some self adhesive paper lace on it, which I bought from a Lakeland Plastics sale and have never used before.  All of the papers I have used have come from my box with all the left over bits and pieces in in.   I finished my card off using a piece of ribbon cut from the inside of one of my t-shirts.

Here is my finished card.

 
 
Here is a picture of some of the things I used on the card.
 
 
 


Materials Used:-

6 x 6 square card blank
Scrap piece of brown card slightly smaller
Scrap piece of white card cut smaller than brown
Create it square stamp used to make background paper
Page out of Old Book, used to make flowers
Piece of Old Aluminium Can
Paper Lace
Piece of ribbon cut from inside of t-shirt
Distressing inks
Peel Off "Thank You"

No comments:

Post a Comment