Friday 3 May 2019

Thomas The Tank Engine 30th Birthday Card

Was asked to make a 30th Birthday Card with a Thomas Theme.  I found an SVG cutting file for the Thomas the Tank Engine and the track.  But what to do with it?

After some consideration, I decided, it would be good to see him coming out of a tunnel.  Trouble was the track was too long for this.  I then decided it would be an Easel Card.  Here is the finished effort.



I scored an 8x8 card blank down the middle of one side to make the easel. I matted and layered navy and light blue card onto an 8 x8 piece of card, the glued this onto the half side of the easel card.  I used shapes in my Scan n Cut to make the tunnel and cut it out of brick background paper.  I used foam pads to mat the brick tunnel onto  a grey layer and a solid black layer to give the tunnel the impression of depth, then glued it onto the card base. I used the Scan n Cut to cut Thomas in various colours, pieced him together then added to the inside of the tunnel.  I added the track to the bottom and cut off the excess and put aside.  I used green parchment paper and hand cut out layers of grass for the side of the tunnel.  I matted and layered Light Blue and Pearl White Paper onto the bottom half of the easel, then glued on the extra piece of track.  I cut out "Son-in-Law" "Tom" and "30 Today" on my Scan n Cut and layered them together, and glued them on the card.  I had cut clouds and smoke and shaded them before gluing them onto the card.  I added a bow and a small 30, to finish it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment