Friday 15 November 2013

Frosty - Black & White Christmas Card

The Outlawz Paper a la mode challenge was to use a Rick St Denis Digi Stamp.  I won 3 Rick St Denis Digis in the October Inlinks so I thought I would give this one a go.

I matted a White Square Card with a piece of black card.  The I used a tonic circular die to cut out 2 different sizes of patterned circles.  I used foam pads to raise the large black circle off the white card.  Then added the smaller white circle using foam pads as well.  I printed the digi stamp onto white card and cut it out with a Spellbinders scalloped circlte.  I used a Christmas scene digi and added Frosty to it.  I coloured and shaded Frosty and used distressing ink to colour the sky.  I added funky snow around the bottom of Frosty and on the tree and fence.  I used a heat gun to raise up the snow, then added some clear glitter to make it sparkle. I stamped the little snow greeting onto white card and matted it onto black and used foam pads to attach it.  I cust the seasons Greetings with a tonic die and added some holly leaves, red gems and a red bow. 

For the border I cropped Frosty down to his head then tiled it in a graphics package to make the border.  I used a pen to draw the freehand edge around the card and put groups of 3 black dots all over the card as I thought it looked to "white".

Finished effort:-





This is being enter into the following challenges:-




2 comments:

  1. I love your card… it is just so pretty.. thanks for joining us on Outlawz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute Christmas card Alice, I love your snowman border along the bottom. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog about my pic. lol. Hugs, Jen xx
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete