Sunday 3 November 2013

Challenge Card - Circle Card

Okay, so it's been a while since I last posted, but I have been making several ordered cards and it has taken up a lot of my time.

Anyway, I had a look at some of the challenges in The Outlawz and decided I would have a go at the Twisted Thursday Challenge. 

I recently purchased some dies from Tonic Studios, and one in particular sprung to mind when I saw the circle challenge.  The die has Christmas Leaves around it.

I cut out the larges and the smallest circle in pale blue glitter card, then I cut out the middle size in white card.  I used a Memory Box leave die to cut out the leaves.  I used a spellbinders die and cut out 3 sizes of Poinsettia in parchment paper.  I embossed the back of the parchment to make the white shine through and used some shades of blue pro markers to colour in the petals - not sure this shows up very well in the picture.

I layered up the largest and middle sizes of circle and stamped a Christmas Sentiment for the middle.  I then made up my Poinsettia and glued it in the centre of the smallest circle and added some seed beads in the middle.  I placed the smallest circle to the side of the largest circle. To finish off I added the leaves and a bow down the side.





I liked the look of the finished card.

This was entered into the following challenges:-

Through the Craft Room Door - http://ttcrd.blogspot.co.uk/
The Outlawz CFC Freebie - http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/forum/topics/creative-freebie-challenge-november-3-17?groupUrl=cfc&groupId=6356543%3AGroup%3A272568&id=6356543%3ATopic%3A697916&page=6#comments
A Gem of a Challenge:- http://pinkgemchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/

5 comments:

  1. Alice, this is absolutely beautiful! I'm so glad you joined us at the Outlawz with this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a true beauty of a Christmas card, Alice! What a fantastic set of dies and a beautiful wintery color scheme. I love how you attached the holly leaves and the smaller circle over the edge of the card base. Thank you for participating in our circle card challenge over at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you girls, your kind comments are greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is stunning Alice! It is just gorgeous! Thank you for joining us for The Outlawz: Twisted Thursday challenge!
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning Alice, such a beautiful design and the colours are gorgeous.
    Thank you for taking part in A Gem of A Challenge this week
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete