Wednesday 6 November 2013

70th Birthday Card

I was asked to make a 70th Birthday Card with a bit of humour attached to it.  Now, this is not something that I am particularly good at, especially when I don't know the recipient.  I was not given any indication of the person's like or dislikes.  I was just told any die would do. 

After my 4 days at the Craft Fair in the SECC, I decided I would have a place with some bits and pieces that I purchased there.  I particularly like the tattered lace, oriental frame die, so thought I would use that as the main piece of the card, the rest all came together slowly but surely. 

1.  I matted and layered with a piece of purple card, and a patterned purple paper.

2.  I cut out the 3 panel dies and layered then onto purple card then matted all 3 onto a piece of white  pearlescent paper, then embellished it with some crystals.

3.  I won an Outlawz challenge and this little digi image was part of my prize from Rick St. Dennis.  Her name is "Gertie Go Go as Starrina"  I thought it was funny but not tooooooo funny.  I coloured her in in shades of pink and purple then added some sparkly bits.

4.  I used a spellbinders scalloped oval and laced some purple ribbon round it, then attached my coloured digi stamp.  I added 2 purple and one white flower to give a little interest.  I also used some of the pieces out of the oriental frame to add some interest to the flowers and around the oval.

5.  I die cut the little flowers at the side and added a 70 to each. I also added some ribbon across the card, but this has got a little lost.  

6.  I used a spellbinders border and cut out a purple and white one then linked them together and attached them at the bottom of the card. 

7.  To finish the card off I used an oval die and die cut the work Mum and added it to the bottom of the card.  I used a Lilly of the Valley birthday sentiment stamp to finish the card off.







Here's hoping the recipient likes it, and it doesn't upset her in any way.

2 comments:

  1. What a great card Alice, I love the colours and the style of your card. I am sure that the recipient will absolutely love it. Hugs, Jen xx
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete