Monday 26 August 2019

Friendship makes Life more Beautiful

Good Morning

How did we get to the last week in August so quickly.  I guess it's getting to that time where I need to think about Christmas Cards.  Maybe I'll wait until middle of September!!   Thought I would have a go at some up cycling this week.  I have had a few empty reels from Red Liner tape in the Craft Room for a few weeks.  What to do with them?  This is what I came up with.


Materials Used:

A5 Hibiscus Stamp Set
A6 Leaves Stamp Set
Sentiment Stamp
Black Embossing Powder
Piece of Spotted Green background paper
Copic Pens
Nuvo Drops
Empty Red Liner Reel
Length of Natural Jute
Piece of Ribbon
Gems


  • Wrapped the Empty Reel with the Jute.  
  • Added the piece of ribbon to top to make a hanger
  • Stamped 1 middle and 2 small hibiscus stamps.  Coloured 2 small ones with yellows and middle one with Purples, then fussy cut out.
  • Stamped 4 leaves in various colours and fussy cut out.
  • Using a circle die, I cut out a piece of background paper that fitted on the back of the reel.  Stamped the sentiment in the middle of the paper and embossed with Black embossing powder.
  • Glued circle piece onto the back of the reel. Arranged and glued flowers around reel.  Added butterfly onto opposite side.
  • Finished off with some gems from my stash.


Thank you for looking.

2 comments:

  1. Just a quick browse of your cards and now this re purposing . Loved your thinking for this delightful ornament. Great cards in your postings too .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shirley-Anne, was trying to think outside of the box, something I am not always very good at!

      Delete